Volunteer at the ReStore
Volunteers are the heart of our store.
We strive to provide a fun and meaningful experience for everyone working here, whether community member looking to give back, paid staff, workers in training, or community service volunteers. We are a diverse group of people here for a variety of reasons, but all working to further the ReStore Mission (and we have a lot of FUN doing it):
- Provides additional funding to support Tillamook County Habitat for Humanity programs
- Makes home improvement accessible to those who might otherwise be unable to afford it, as well as those who prefer to improve their homes through reuse versus consumption of new goods
- Provides good stewardship of sustainable resources in the community
Youth and Groups
The ReStore welcomes volunteers 9 – 13 years of age to volunteer with an adult guardian/parent. Volunteers 14 and older are welcome on their own.
We are happy to accommodate your school, business, church or civic group with advance notice. Teams have more fun when we’re able to organize a special project. Please contact Linda Hamilton at 503-842-7472 for more information.
ReStore Volunteer Positions include:
- Department Organizer: Maintains appearance and inventory in specific departments.
- Customer Helper: Remains available for customers with product/project questions in main building, out buildings, and/or building materials yard.
- Pick-Up Assistant: Assists Driver with donation pick-ups. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. Background check required.
- Donation Receiver: Greets donors, screens and processes donations.
- Cashier: Assists customers in the store and over the phone with questions and purchases. Minimum of three months ReStore experience and background check required.
- Front Desk Assistant: Assists cashier by greeting and assisting customers in the store and over the phone.
- Re-Claimer: Assists reclamation team with removal of non-structural materials from homes and businesses.
- Up-Cycler: “Up-Cycles” – Turn trash into treasures with your own creative flare. Items will be sold in the ReStore with your own special “Up-Cycler” tag!
- (YOU) Special skills? Tell us about them. Create your special niche on planet ReStore!