The Tillamook County Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors is currently in search for their next Building Coordinator. They are looking for a visionary leader who puts into daily practice our shared dedication to the Habitat’s mission and values. Someone ready to help write the next chapter of the Habitat story.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for this incredible opportunity. For more information, or to submit your resume and cover letter, please reach out to [email protected].
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Building Coordinator is responsible for the overall construction and volunteer programs of TCHFH. This position supervises overall construction activity and provides leadership to construction activity, including all paid contractors, subcontractors, and volunteers. S/he ensures that a safe construction environment is maintained in accordance with TCHFH policies and OSHA, state, county, and city regulations.
- Construction: Supervises job sites and works with construction staff to ensure construction is accomplished in accordance with approved permits and plans. Secures all permits and inspections. Provides leadership to subcontractors and volunteers so that work is performed in a timely, quality manner. Develops and regularly updates calendar of construction activities. Suggests potential advantageous building practices and material cost savings opportunities. Plans for future construction cycles. Develops and maintains relationships with skilled volunteer workforce. Supervises and/or performs all homeowner warranty complaints and repairs.
- Ramps & Rails: Home Repair Program: Manages the Ramps & Rails program that serves qualified applicants with in-home safety repairs. This includes development and maintenance relationships with community partners to stimulate referrals for the program as well as job scheduling, volunteer management, procurement of materials, and documentation of project completion.
- Safety: Maintains construction site safety manual and policy. Ensures safety guidelines are followed on-site and adequate training is provided to construction team and daily volunteers.
- Volunteers and Partner Families: Creates a positive and encouraging work atmosphere, ensuring adequate communication, materials, and tools to create excellent volunteer experiences on construction sites. Coordinates with staff for optimal and efficient volunteer coverage. Provides volunteer leadership and training. Anticipates problems and issues typical of this environment and takes proactive actions as necessary to help ensure schedules are met and work plans enabled. Treats Partner Families and volunteers with respect and dignity and strives to make their construction involvement meaningful. Identify, recruit and maintain a sustainable base of volunteers. Ensure that volunteers are engaged in meaningful work and are appreciate and recognized for their efforts.
- Budget and Procurement: Working closely with the Executive Director, develops construction budgets. Maintains and ensures on-time and on-budget completion of homes. Procures construction materials and services through competitive bid process and assists in development of donations of professional labor and in-kind materials. Understanding accounts payable coding for budgeting coding.
- Grant Writing and Gift in Kind: Actively identify and pursue: grants, gifts in kind, volunteer services.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Meets all long- and short-term goals established by the Executive Director.
Obtain and Maintain TCHFH CCB license and TCHFH competent person certification through HFHI.